A really interesting survey conducted by Outbrain highlights the state of Content Marketing in 2012.
Some key points:
- 100% of brand and agency marketers surveyed utilize content marketing in their overall marketing strategies.
- All are currently creating digital content specifically for informational and/or entertainment value to consumers.
- 87% of marketers create video content, making it the most popular medium.
- 89% rank social media engagement as the most popular factor that marketers use to measure the success of their content marketing efforts.
- There’s an increased emphasis on success metrics that focus on brand awareness and target consumers in the top of the purchase funnel such as social media engagement and organic search referrals.
- Social media, video advertising and content marketing are the most effective tactics for developing brand awareness.
- 82% of marketers intend to increase content marketing efforts in 2012.